Check the facebook page!

If you prefer, you can also follow the Facebook page for this blog :)

Thursday 12 June 2014

Request a topic!

Hi, since I have been working with computers and etc for so long, many things now are intuitive to me and I almost get the feeling it's also something "everyone" knows... well, that's not true at all so that is why I made this short post just for YOU!

That's right, just comment here what topic you would like me to discuss! (You can even post anonymously if you're shy!)

It can be anything really... Programming, video games, hacking and web security, Life advice, how to greet a dog, how to make pizza dough etc.

And don't forget you can also subscribe your e-mail here so you get all new posts sent directly to you :)

So go ahead, tell me what you've always been curious about and I'll make a post about it within the best of my abilities!

Cheers!


3 comments:

  1. children and videogames. what's your opinion about that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to learn a bit about programming, but I don't know where to start. I was taking an online course called "introduction to programming" but I thought it was quite difficult so I gave up. They were using BlueJ and I am not sure what language I was learning or even if I was learning anything at all. I dunno. My question is: what should I learn first? Html? Other language? Theory?

    I'll be waiting for your post with the answer! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell you the language you were "learning" was Java. It is quite a popular Object-Oriented language and people have different opinions about it on the internet... I still favor the C languages but heck, you can do whatever you want with any language... but some might give you an easier time than others with certain functions. (There are also charts comparing the languages' differences and etc).

      HTML is NOT a programming language and it will do you no good at all unless you either want to create webpages or at least know more or less how they are made :P

      Theory is good and all but what will ultimately make you a programmer is practice and trial and error, that's why you were "learning" on your course... you weren't really programming, you were following a recipe, doing things step by step and even if you could use your creativity to find the solution to the program it wouldn't work because the site's validation was very strict and wouldn't validate if you didn't type EXACTLY what they were thinking about... and that could set you off and demoralize you as well as giving you a feeling of being powerless...

      As for where to start, I'll make a post about it since it appears to be a hot topic :P

      Stay tuned!

      Cheers!

      Delete

What do you think or want to share?