Check the facebook page!

If you prefer, you can also follow the Facebook page for this blog :)

Sunday 8 March 2015

Games I've made

Hey guys, I decided to create this post that will list all the work I've done in regards to games and whatever else might be applied to the subject :P

I shall update this regularly as changes are made, both games from the past and the future will be here eventually.

So let's get started!


Sad Mary: This was pretty much my first and only "serious" game made with adobe flash, it was originally going to be much better. It was intended to have bonus stages, the UI and etc would of course look much better, balancing the upgrade system, etc.

I stopped updating it mainly because when I started making this game I was following a simple tutorial, and afterwards I experimented with what I had made and expanded on it (the store, the currency and all of that weren't a part of the tutorial), however, when I decided to make a pause menu (with buttons to quit the game, go to the store and so on) I noticed that I would either have to rewrite the whole code (which I really didn't want to do since I wasn't very comfortable with coding on my own back then) or lose quite a few hours to find out a way to make it work with the current code.



Once Upon a Runner: after Sad Mary I decided to try out Unity, so I went to the unity forums and posted that I was a programmer looking for experience, after a ton of emails one of them turned out to be a more serious project, which was this one.

I joined Salty Pepper Studios (now a part of Luminosity Mobile) when their game was close to completion, perhaps around 70% or so.

I was one of the programmers and I mainly worked on the endless mode for it. It was a fun new experiment specially because this was the first time I worked on a team and I loved it :)



Running Dude: This wasn't a serious game, more like a fun experiment for me.

I followed a C# tutorial for unity which was about an endless runner with platforms, and in the end I tried experimenting with it, adding a few powerups and just goofing around, I also used it to test the animations in unity, those were frame by frame sprites and they were provided by some friends of mine.

I had some fun with the game but since I really didn't have anything in mind for it I just stopped at that point :P



House of Red: Now this was a fun experiment, and in my opinion one of the games I was a part of that got the best feedback.

This game was made for a 4 day game jam, it was a mixture of total joy and "depression" for the whole duration hahaha.

Our team consisted of 3 elements, myself as the only programmer, another as the game designer, and another making the art.

It was the first time I ever made a point and click game like this so I struggled really hard with it for those 4 tiresome days.

Just to give you an idea, since I was still learning how to make point and clicks and since we had such tight time constraints I made over 7 different scripts just for slightly different types of mouse clicks!

Like if one was drag and drop, another to click on an object, another to click on an object with another object on your hand etc, it was a mess! xD




And now at this moment I'm working on a new game, it's about a balloon dog in a quest to be able to fly! :P

Here is what he will look like:


His name is Poppy, and hopefully you'll see him come to life in a few weeks :P





For now, that concludes my projects, I've worked on a lot of other things but none of them have been published so they aren't here.

Cheers! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think or want to share?